Tuesday, January 03, 2006

KGS rank feedback


KGS ranked me as 18k for a few hours on December 30th after a short string of wins. To me, it meant nothing yet because I knew there was no improvement in my play that merited the gain of one rank.

My "reading ahead" is still much too shallow and I won't see real progress until I build up the discipline to do so. I played several games afterwards and my rank adjusted back into 19k.

Like all amateurs, I have my "+2 stones" moments and my "30-kyu" moments. The element of consistency in my play obviously factors into my rank. Dan-level tactics plus Doh!-depth thinking won't take me beyond 19k.

I haven't done much tsumego for at least four weeks already and my copy of Graded Go Problems for Beginners is gathering dust. After the hectic pace of work slowed, I've, of course, been enjoying some of my holiday time with the family, alternative readings, and my new board.

It's time to restart my regimen of even a few problems each day.

In other news


ChiyoChan's Acrobot

ChiyoChan built the Lego Mindstorms AcroBot (Stage 2 challenge) by herself this morning. She hasn't yet programmed it but I'm looking forward to what she'll be able to make it do. Late last week, we together built the InventorBot (Stage 3) but it didn't seem as exciting to program as the RoverBot (Stage 1).

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Jewish Atheist said...

"It's time to restart my regimen of even a few problems each day."

This might be TMI, but I keep my copy in the john. ;)

 
At 5:05 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Five a day would be enough?

I can do five.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home