Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Summer reading: YMI gets its Chinese books in

Pong had informed me months ago that they would soon be importing some Chinese Weiqi books and I'm happy to report that they've arrived. I would recommend that you drop by Yellow Mountain Import's Go book section.

I imagine that collectors will want a copy of the complete games of Honinbo Shusaku (pictured above, US$45).

The more practical choice, in my humble opinion, would be the collection of Lee Chang Ho's life-and-death problems (US$45).

Keep in mind that these books are written in Chinese but, as is the case with kifu and tsumego, they are usually not difficult to understand even if you can't read the language.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, August 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, regarding how female players are treated, I'm a female player in an Asian city where Go is pretty popular and most players are teenaged like me. However, majority are male. Female players like me get it pretty hard because guys automatically assume that you're a weak player, and some of them are downright disrespectful because of that.

...But they don't laugh as loud when they subsequently lose by a huge margin. ;)

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home