Thursday, September 29, 2005

Achoo!!


I caught ChiyoMama's cold. That may partly explain why I got a headache after my lunchbreak game.

I finally finished my adjourned game with seathief (22k) which was rated at 24k with a 2-stone handicap. I lost by 6.5 moku. This was a tough game for me and seathief made better use of his time than I did.

I also lost my second match of the night by 48.5 moku against kp2 (19k, this is gangstacow's other KGS account). This one was rated at 21k with a 2-stone handicap.

Akman (22k) granted me a win by resignation in my third match. The game was set to 22k.

Despite my two losses, my KGS rank hasn't dropped from 23k so that tells me that I'm probably playing at my skill's ceiling for now. I guess then that it's a good time to come down with a cold and have to take it easy - just reading Go books for the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ChiyoDad,
just a comment about lower right corner in your game against kp2. It can be killed!

(AW[ap][bp][cq][br][dr][ds]AB[ao][bo][co][cp][dq][eq][er][es]C[Black to kill];B[ar]
;W[bq]C[Avoid snap back];B[bs]
;W[cr]C[This results in a bent-four-in-the corner.];B[as]C[At the end of the game, when there is no more ko threats, Black can force White this way...];W[tt];B[cs];W[aq];B[bs];W[as]
;B[ar]C[No ko threats, White is dead.])

By the way, what do you recommend to post positions or moves on your blog?

Gilles

 
At 9:33 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Hello Gilles. Thanks for the illustrations! These really helped my understanding and showed the gaps in my studies.

For now, posting the SGF sequences (as you have done) works fine. I'll need to investigate if there's a better method.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home