Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tsumego and Moyo Go Studio

Tsumego on gobase.org. The Post-Its next to the
laptop have draft avatars of two KGS friends
who might be featured in future 'toons.


For anyone that wants to practice tsumego but can't find the spare change for the Graded Go Problems for Beginners series, gobase.org has four similar sets from the Korean Problem Academy which you can practice online. Registration with gobase.org is required but it's free. I've been practicing on these via my old laptop while working.

Also, the KGS Teaching Ladder room features Tsumego Tuesdays at approximately 21:00 GMT. It's during my work schedule so I normally am unable to attend.

Frank de Groot has provided on his blog a movie that illustrates the features of Moyo Go Studio. This is a good way of introducing the product and I thought it was really cool. The movie got a few Oohs! and Aahs! out of me. It's a big download of about 175MB.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, October 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had the hardest time getting an account to gobase.org... I've sent two emails and both have gone by ignored. I may try again today and see if the third time's the charm.

Nice sketch there! ;D

 
At 1:57 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Yes. gobase.org usually doesn't accept registration requests from the free email providers (Yahoo, Google, Hotmail) but I had heard from someone that they also are unresponsive to some of the larger ISP domains (AOL, Comcast).

I tend to get almost instantaneous responses when using my business email address. You may just need to send an email directly to gobase.org's webmaster or editor to explain your situation. Keep in mind however that this site is probably run solely by Jan van der Steen. You may need to be patient.

---

I should switch to a sketchbook someday but Post-Its are just too convenient for doodling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home