Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Photos from the Philippine Go Association

I very much enjoy seeing how Go is enjoyed in different parts of the world. Pong at Yellow Mountain Imports recently shared with me these photos from the Philippine Go Association in Makati, Metro Manila.

I noticed the Hangul (Korean) in the sign which suggests that the club is probably partly-supported by members of the local Korean community. (Expatriates, perhaps?)

These photos were take by Alvin who works with Pong in YMI. That's him in deep thought.

Here's his board position. It still looks reasonably balanced in the chubansen.

Alvin's opponent is also in deep thought. Behind them, we see ...

... a game in its counting stage.

There's a good deal of activity at this club.

And another match goes into the middle-game.

I just noticed that the ladies are almost equally-represented at this club. That looks like a clock on that table.

These two seem to be building the pinwheel fight-pattern after someone played on tengen.

My thanks to Alvin and Pong for sharing these photos with us! It was great to have a virtual club visit and see how Go is being enjoyed in the Philippines. I hope the club members get to see their photos, leave some messages, and join the online community at GoDiscussions.com.

I also discovered that they have a video on YouTube and have embedded it for your enjoyment.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, July 11, 2007, Blogger Chinmay said...

Hi ChiyoDad,

May be I will take some snaps of HKGA and send them to you. HKGA is also pretty busy during weekends.

 
At 1:22 PM, August 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... good lord...

Hm. I didn't even bother to read the rest, other than the title, of course, and my chest is already hurting a bit. Thank you, ChiyoDad, for this wonderful (that word just doesn't do my current feelings any justice) notice! The bad news is that perhaps my family and I won't get to visit the Philippines... ever? Since my dad got a bit sick because of the dreaded Dengue this year's vacation.

Other than that, perhaps I'd be willing to get back on the saddle after a rather... large break from Go.

Ahahah, I feel rather giddy!


-Izzy (JekyllDrug)

 
At 3:09 AM, December 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad's into Go. how do i contact the Makati association?

 
At 3:26 AM, December 06, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

http://mmmpressions.multiply.com/links/item/108/ChiyoDad_Learns_Go_Photos_from_the_Philippine_Go_Association

 

Post a Comment

<< Home