Friday, July 08, 2005

Zero9090 achieves 22k

Zero9090 made it to 22k (without the ?). He deserved it and now I need to work harder to catch-up to his abilities.

Was looking for more royalty-free images that I could transform into textures for glGo. I found only a handful of wood and cultured stone textures that are good candidates. I'll try to post these next week.

Yahooligans! has a plain but functional goban.

ChiyoChan played one game of Go on Yahooligans! but their interface is rather plain. I was also a little disappointed to discover that Go is not one of the games that can be launched through Yahoo! Messenger.

3 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, July 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zero9090 lost his rank

 
At 6:10 AM, July 09, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

OUCH!

IMHO, it's still an achievement just to get that question mark off your 22k for the first time. I'd probably be doing an elated fist-pump (bordering on irrational exuberance) in front of my PC when it finally happens to me.

I guess you first goal is getting the question mark off. Your second goal becomes making your new rank stick.

My understanding is that Zero9090 plays a lot of games so he probably does run the risk of losing his rank. There's always that exclamation point flag next to his login name.

I still have to acknowledge that he's a better player than I am (not to mention a very amicable opponent). I hope he gets his rank back soon.

 
At 7:17 AM, July 09, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

I checked this morning. His profile shows a rank of 22k.

Hats off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home