Friday, July 08, 2005

Tatami backgrounds for glGo

Regular Tatami

Light Tatami

Lightest Tatami

I created tatami backgrounds for glGo using material from this site. Now you can fantasize that you're playing in a nice ryokan in Kyoto. Couple it with the right kind of aromatherapy oil and maybe it'll even keep you feeling relaxed during a game.

See my previous post for the procedures on how to use these.

These work best with the 2D board but I found them rather pleasant with the 3D board as well.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Would you mind if I include those backgrounds into the glGo distribution? I will try to catch you on IGS to discuss this, saw your Shout previously you were already logged off.

I am aware the procedure to change the background is comically difficult, and probably unusable most most non-computer-savvy people, so customizing backgrounds in a dialog window should be done. Probably won't get that done for 1.2 release, though, but anything can be discussed for later versions.


Cheers,

Peter

 
At 8:14 AM, July 08, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Hello Peter,

I sent you an email with the 4 previous textures. I'll send you the 3 tatami ones shortly.

Please feel free to include them with glGo. It's a beatiful client and I'm happy to help enhance it in any small way.

Best Regards,
- ChiyoDad

 
At 3:09 PM, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I was looking for! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home