Thursday, August 25, 2005

The next level of difficulty is coming

I won most of my recent games at a strength of 29k after adjusting the handicaps. I can reasonably expect to start losing more games as I try to advance further. That's how I would expect the natural learning cycle to play out (unless I was some natural Go prodigy).

Foiled! Lost the lower-right corner.

I encountered a strong beginner by the name of ggtesada (now 28k?). I lost our even match by 17.5 moku. It wasn't a bad loss but I really should have played a tenuki earlier in the game to secure my territories. ggtesada is from Incheon, South Korea, and has a short but formidable looking record on KGS.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello chiyoDad
i'm ggtesada
i saw your blog well :-)

ps * actually my english ability

is bad ^^;;

thx chiyoDad

 
At 4:46 AM, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
The Magic Of GO archive is now at http://shinbo.free.fr/TheMagicOfGo/
if you want to update it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home