Monday, August 15, 2005

Busy weeks ahead

Click on the image to enlarge

This is the time of our fiscal quarter that my projects pile up. That means that I may not be able to play Go or post as frequently to my blog.

I rushed to complete the above cartoon for all of you folks so you'll have something amusing to read and share in the meantime. Hope you like it. This one took more than a minute to do (three hours, really). Based on what I had read from his biography, Charles Schulz took as long or longer to do his four-panel black-and-white strips.

I'd welcome any attempt to translate the cartoon into Japanese, Chinese, Korean (or any other language) so other HikaGo fans can enjoy it. Please just provide a link-back to my blog.

Yuichi, maybe you're up to giving it a try? I've always heard that humor provides the greatest translation challenges.

The original panels drawn on 8.5" square sheets.

For those who inquired, all the illustrations were hand-drawn. I then scanned these into Photoshop, added the color, and then added the text. I again used Photoshop to resize and assemble the images into one 4-panel comic.

Practice sketches that I did early last week.

Since I had never drawn Homer Simpson before, I drew five study sketches from images that I found on Google until I felt I could render him correctly on my own. That grey ball in the photo is an artist's kneaded-rubber eraser; not a lump of my brain.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, August 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha...nice Chiyodad. I've always been envious of people who can draw.

 
At 12:16 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks Alan! It's a little-used talent that's been nicely revived thanks to this blog.

 
At 7:22 AM, September 11, 2005, Blogger Sukunami Taka said...

rofl....omg....this was the single most greatest thing ive seen this month......
-.- so sad of my life....
^^
look me up if you ever need a review ^^
sukunami/ muarw on kgs

 
At 8:51 AM, September 11, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks for the compliment and the game review offer! See you on KGS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home