Monday, August 01, 2005

Registered at Yukari House & Need a new webhost


I'm not sure if I'll be able to find more information to improve my game but I was able to register at Yukari House. It took a lot of slow translation using Google's language tools but I was finally able to navigate through the forms. My Japanese hasn't improved much since college and I wasn't that great at it either.

I received a response to my introductory post. It seems that someone there already knows me (and perhaps from CyberOro). I'm still struggling to correctly translate the message.

One other fun aspect of playing Go online is that I get to practice a little of the foreign languages that I studied over the years. So far, I've communicated in Farsi, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and Thai.

It looks like my free webhost in the UK, port5.com, may have folded. My CLG File site has been down for four days. Does anyone know of a reliable free webhost that doesn't put advertising on your site?

6 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chiyodad,

Everyday I enjoy reading your weblogs. Although I'm a Japanese, I have just started go recently, and now I'm totally into it!
Anyway, if you have really trouble in reading Japanese, I can translate it into English. I think I will visit your weblogs frequently, so if you give us the text in a comment or a log, I can tell you what it says.

 
At 11:09 AM, August 03, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Hello yuichi,

Many thanks for your compliment and your offer! I may take you up on it.

 
At 3:57 PM, August 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ChiyoDad
 There is a homepage that you and I can study.
http://www.geocities.jp/camellia1996/Eindex.html

 I also study English. :-)

Sea Child

 
At 7:44 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks Sea Child! I'll see you in Yukari House.
:-D

 
At 12:56 PM, August 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello chyodad,
hello Sea Child, thanks for the link to camellia site. Unfortunately the server seems to be often down, but the problems are fun and original.
It deserves a page in Sensei's.
Gilles

 
At 9:42 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Hello Gilles & Sea Child,

I would agree that it should be added to Sensei's Library. I wish the site had fewer outages and that the problems were more accessible. The ones I have been able to get to are very creative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home