Saturday, July 30, 2005

Post-It Gobans

It's ChiyoDad's & ChiyoMama's wedding anniversary this weekend so Go will be low on my priorities.

I woke up a bit early today and was going through one of Nie Weiping's articles on in my sample issue of Go Winds; courtesy of Yutopian. I kept marking-up and erasing some diagrams and began to worry that I'd erase a hole in the page.

Since necessity is the mother of invention, I created goban Post-Its; a tool to map out your strategies and tactics without ruining your books or magazines.


The were made using some old 3M Y2020 Post-It sheets that I had. Each note measures 3" x 4.25" so I could only use 70% of a 19x19 goban. That's still sizeable enough for joseki and tesuji.

I Used DraGo to quickly export a blank goban into a 411x600 ppi PNG file and just cut-and-paste it into my word processor's formatted label sheet.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, July 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah man you got your blog readers all excited that there would be just a massive number of games played this weekend after your work thing, but now we find out it's your anniversary so you can't play? Boo! :-)

 
At 6:00 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home