Saturday, July 23, 2005

Go in comics

I was curious to find out if there were other Go blogs out there. Google instead found me a new Go comic site called KoFightClub by Russ Williams. He has quite a large number of strips that he created from 2000 to 2002. I found them hillarious!

Oddly, they haven't been indexed in Sensei's Library so I will probably add that sometime next month. I wonder if he's gotten them published in print?


Feb 12th, 2002 strip from KoFightClub, by Russ Williams

KoFightClub had a link to another strip called Making Life, by Justin Carmical. It's hosted by the Springs Go Club in Colorado.

Feb 13, 2005 strip of Making Life by Justin Carmical

I assume some of you might already be familiar with K.Budzinski's Almost Sente which has been featured in Sensei's Library. It's already been published as a book but I can't find any copies here in the US.

You can read a few of his strips on his website.


Strip 007 from Almost Sente, by K.Budzinski

Of course, most of us already know about Hikaru No Go. This manga deserves credit for having ignited a firestorm of interest in Go among Asia's youth and is has begun its encroachment in the West. It's now up to volume 4 in its English translation licensed by Viz. Excerpts can usually be found on Shonen Jump's website.


Hikaru No Go, by Yumi Hotta and Takeshi Obata

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home