Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back online!

My "minute-manga" are no longer minute
and are taking me more than a minute to draw.
(Click on it to enlarge)

My files are now 80% restored and I was able to play a five-stone handicap game against therose (25k?) this evening. I won but I still need more ranked games to accurately assess my level. I tried to follow the advice of those who had been teaching me and had commented on my games.

yoyoma (2k?) had reminded me last week against making unnecessary moves (example: capturing stones that were already dead). "Every unnecessary move is like giving your opponent another handicap stone," he warned. Even so, after reviewing my game, it looks like I made some moves that were small in their scope.

My computer briefly lost its connection to KGS. Not sure if it was a Java glitch or if it was caused by my anti-virus software. I'll need to check on this.

It's been a busy week and weekend but I'm very happy to be back online and playing Go!

yoyoma and aKuei (29k?) were watching my game but it looked like they both went to bed before it finished. I need to turn in as well.

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, August 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I hope I'm not seriously affecting your game just by having my name in the observer list. :-)

 
At 11:40 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

LOL! Not at all.

Actually you appear more in my mind. As I was analyzing my next moves against therose, I kept remembering what you had taught me during our game reviews.

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home