Thursday, August 11, 2005

ChiyoDad's Kyu Review


My friend Alan suggested that I do some reviews of beginners' Go books. It's an idea that I had considered before but I felt this was far above me since I'm just a newbie wallowing in the lower kyus.

But it does make a lot of sense. If a book was written to help a beginner improve, it should prove itself in the arena of kyu-level players who have had little to no exposure to pure-strategy board games. If it's too hard for me to grasp, then I'm clearly not in its targeted audience yet.

I won't be able to launch into this right away but you'll be able to look forward to The Kyu Review from yours truly.

Thanks for the idea, Alan!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, August 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, Chiyodad. Looking forward to your reviews.

 
At 9:33 AM, August 12, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Go For Kids will probably be best reviewed by ChiyoChan (my daughter). I'll see if I can find a copy through our library system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home