Monday, September 05, 2005

By a hair

I was really spent after this game.

BRRR! My heart's is still beating at a pace after my game with PyroGX (24k). We played a 4-stone handicap game which effectively set the game rank to 28k. My rank chart had slipped downward a little and I felt that I needed to challenge myself with one less handicap stone.

When it's obvious that you're winning or losing, you relax. When you have no clue which way the score might go, that's when the game gets exciting.

Also, at the beginning, I played some unconventional moves. I was trying to be aggressive and creative at the same time. All I can say is that my moves looked sensible to me when I made them even though I heard a voice in the back of my head say, "You're gonna die. You're gonna die."

I thought PyroGX had it wrapped-up, but I won by 3.5 moku. Our end plays and our last ko fight were instrumental in the final scores.

I might have been able to establish a bigger margin but I botched-up my upper right corner and lost all of my stones there. Maybe there was a way to save them early on but I couldn't see it.

Thanks again for the challenging game, PyroGX!

BRRR! I think I'm done for the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home