Monday, July 25, 2005

Gnu Go: Training on the simulator


I can't comfortably play a straight 13x13 or 19x19 game with an online opponent due to a heavy workload this week. I'm instead training on the simulator: Gnu Go. This way, I won't have to worry about abruptly and impolitely ending a match if I get an urgent call in the middle of my breaks.

Gnu Go seems to be the strongest freeware Go computer available and and plays at the level of 9k. It has 10 level settings and I am using the lowest (1) with handicaps.

I've selected DraGo as my Gnu Go interface because the game tree (which tracks the moves) is integrated into the main window and it allows me to quickly navigate back and examine my move sequences. glGo can also be used as an interface but the tree displays in a separate window.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

That's interesting, NightGhost. But what exactly is an anti-computer strategy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home