Wednesday, September 07, 2005

It must be called "28-ish" Kyu

The line on my KGS rank chart hasn't yet broken past the 28k marker as of today but the server is now reporting my rank as 28k. I must have benefited from some rounding-up in the ranking formula.

No lengthy posts for my blog right now. No fun cartoons. Work is demanding; it's quarter-end. The best I could do for entertainment is my caption to the ukiyo-e image below.

No "undos"!

Most of my last matches have been free (unranked) ones because I'm not able to play a focused game. I've also gone back to doing the Go Problems on gobase.org to keep my mind in training until my next match.

6 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger frankiii said...

The rating graphs are only updated once a day so your difference is understandable. I believe the update happens somewhere around 8pm central time but I'm not certain.

 
At 4:26 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Ah, so it's just that the graphs probably aren't synched with the server. Makes sense.

It'd be interesting to see the actual values involved in calculating my rank on a particular day.

 
At 4:44 PM, September 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a guest who bumped into your site.

You have quite a passion for Go! Like you, I also enjoy Go immensely. I wish you luck in your future (at your rate, you will be dan in no time!)

-Kin[9k] @ KGS

 
At 8:12 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks for the well-wishes Kin! I hope I can earn them.

 
At 11:20 AM, September 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL What a great caption for the pic!

mungo

 
At 1:16 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Maybe we'll have an ukiyo-e caption contest someday. A few of those woodblock prints look ripe for parody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home