Sunday, June 25, 2006

Goin' fishin'

I'll be out of town so the weekly fuseki quiz (and my regular blogging) will continue on the 9th of July.

I managed to play two games on KGS on the 23rd. The first was against a bot to solidify my rank. The second was against hftsang (14k). I lost both but it felt great to again play real-time games. shygost offered me a third match but I had reached my "quota" for the day and opted to spend the rest of the evening with my family.

My return to real-time games on KGS wasn't as anxiety-ridden as I had thought it might be. I'm feeling more relaxed about just letting my rank adjust according to the results of my games. That might change if I go into an intense competitive frame of mind, but that's not the case right now. I have to deal with a job transition and possible layoffs at my company; so there are bigger things to worry about.


Tsumego galore!


In case you hadn't noticed, becci's and wchen's blog about studying weiqi in China has been updated on almost a daily basis, and often with photos. In their latest post, they provided a link to Tom.com which contains all of the tsumego that they have been studying as exercises. There seems, however, to be no solutions page for these problems.


Some of you can't wait

... and frankly, neither can I with regards to Yellow Mountain Import's upcoming summer offerings. I had given you folks a sneak-peek of their GoBox (almost overdue since June's nearing its end) and their plans to sell slate/shell stones as well as "super yunzi".



Now their latest store banner indicates that they will be selling dragon-relief floor gobans. I know a number of you had been interested in these ever since I posted Pong Yen's photos from his trip to China back on February 27th and February 28th.


Photos of a Go Salon in Kyoto

Image courtesy of The Irish Go Association

Steve of the Irish Go Association had recently blogged about his visit to a Go Salon in Kyoto. It's a fun read and you can find it here.


Fuseki Quiz 11/20

Black to play in this 3-stone handicap game. I chose C as a solid move.


Scoring of Last Weekend's Fuseki Quiz 10/20
(Jump to last week's quiz!)
  • A = 4
  • B = 6
  • C = 8
  • D = 2
  • E = 10, It's a big move to grab the lone white stone. Should Black neglect to play this, White will jump out to O14, causing a lot of trouble. Playing P12 makes everything secure for Black while gaining big profit.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger scribbles said...

I'll go with B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home